I am currently a Ph.D. student in Computer Science at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville.
- CS340 Algorithms and Data Structures (Spring 2016).
- CS140 Introduction to Computing (1 section in Fall 2013, 2 sections in Fall 2014, 1 section in Spring 2014, Fall 2015 and Fall 2016)
- S140 Labs (Spring 2013 and Spring 2014)
- Gunes Ercal and John Matta, Resilience Notions for Scale-Free Networks., (Complex Adaptive Systems) 2013
- Gunes Ercal, John Matta, William Stimson, Dominic Eccher, On the Quality of Sampling from Geographic Networks., (Complex Adaptive Systems) 2013
- John Matta, Tayo Obafemi-Ajayi, Jeffrey Borwey, Donald C. Wunsch, and Gunes Ercal, “Robust Graph-theoretic Clustering Approaches Using Node-Based Resilience Measures”, IEEE Conference on Data Mining, Barcelona, Spain, December 2016.
- Ellie Lovellette, John Matta, Dennis Bouvier and Roger Frye, “Just the Numbers: An Investigation of Contextualization of Problems for Novice Programmers.” SIGCSE, Seattle, Washington, March 2017.
- John Matta, Thy Nguyen, Gunes Ercal and Tayo Obafemi-Ajayi, “Applications of Novel Graph Theoretic Methods to Clustering Autism Spectrum Disorders Phenotypes”, 9th International Conference on Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (BICOB), Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, March 2017.
- Dr. Gunes Ercal is my advisor.
- Link to my DBLP page is here.
- My Master’s Thesis Comparing the Effectiveness of Resilience Measures
Published Journal Papers
- John Matta, Gunes Ercal, and William Stimson. “The Quality of Sampling from Geographic Networks”, 2015. International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks. http://dsn.sagepub.com/content/12/4/7379030.full
- John Matta, Gunes Ercal, and Jeffrey Borwey, “The vertex attack tolerance of complex networks”, RAIRO Operations Research Journal, 2017.
- I won the 2014 Outstanding Graduate Student Award