I am currently a Ph.D. student in Computer Science at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville.
- Currently teaching 1 section of CS340 Algorithms and Data Structures (Spring 2016).
- Taught CS140 Introduction to Computing (1 section in Fall 2013, 2 sections in Fall 2014, 1 section in Spring 2014 and Fall 2015) and assisted with CS140 Labs (Spring 2013 and Spring 2014) at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville.
Complex Adaptive Systems Conference, 2013
Two presentations and two published papers
- My presentation on Resilience Notions for Scale-Free Networks (Power Point)
- My presentation: On the Quality of Sampling from Geographic Networks (Power Point)
- Gunes Ercal and John Matta, Resilience Notions for Scale-Free Networks., 2013
- Gunes Ercal, John Matta, William Stimson, Dominic Eccher, On the Quality of Sampling from Geographic Networks., 2013
- Dr. Gunes Ercal is my advisor.
- Link to my DBLP page is here.
- Our third paper,
John Matta, Jeffrey Borwey and Gunes Ercal, Comparative Resilience Notions and Vertex Attack Tolerance of Scale-Free Networks.. 2014
- My Master’s Thesis Comparing the Effectiveness of Resilience Measures
Published Journal Papers
- John Matta, Gunes Ercal, and William Stimson. “The Quality of Sampling from Geographic Networks”, 2015. International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks. http://www.hindawi.com/journals/ijdsn/2016/7379030/
Papers Submitted for Publication
- John Matta, Jeffrey Borwey, Tayo Obafemi-Ajayi, Donald C. Wunsch, and Gunes Ercal, “Robust Graph-Theoretic Clustering Approaches Using Vertex Attack Tolerance”, 2015.
- Jeffrey Borwey, Gunes Ercal and John Matta. “The Vertex Attack Tolerance of Networks”, 2015.
- I won the 2014 Outstanding Graduate Student Award